Friday, October 28, 2011

9/02/11 Dyson: Destroyer of Childhoods

While the fan hummed in the corner of my bedroom I thought back to my childhood and the fun my brother and I used to have with the fan in our house.  A General Electric with transparent blue fan blades.  We loved to remove the screens and speak into the blades, the sound of our voices making us burst out in laughter.  If by chance we tired of this we could always turn the speed up and try to stop the blade with our fingers, or our tongues if we were feeling especially brave.
But now Dyson, the innovative company that brought us the bag less vacuum cleaner and the public bathroom hand dryer that looks cool but doesn’t work, has started selling its bladeless fan.  In the process they’ve begun to destroy and eliminate the simple pleasure for both young and old of changing their voice by way of fan blade.
Dyson’s next invention… fun removal machine.  Nobody is safe.  Nobody!

1 comment:

  1. Are you the consultant for Dyson's fun remover?? I can picture your face as you present this machine to a child.

    ReplyDelete