Monday, October 31, 2011

9/02/11 Shopping Lessons

Not yet here a week and there’s already been a casualty of sorts.  My electric shaver; seems it’s been blowed up…real good!  I suppose I should have checked the voltage requirements before I left the house.  In any case, I made my way to “il centro di Codroipo” (downtown Codroipo) to find a replacement.  After a couple of unsuccessful attempts, I was directed to a small appliance and housewares store.  Employing my usual Canadian shopping technique, I avoided the staff and looked around, but the proprietor would have none of it.  Although she was a “sturdy”: woman in her sixties, she could bob and weave with the best of them.  Hell, I’ll admit it, I couldn’t shake her!
Finally I asked her about electric shavers which prompted her to begin a long lecture on why I shouldn’t just walk in a store and look around.  I should ask for help.  After all, they have four floors here.  How would I know what’s available by only looking at one?  It will come as a surprise to everyone who knows me, but I kept my mouth shut and left with a brand new shaver.

No comments:

Post a Comment