Wednesday, December 7, 2011

9/12/11 Ensuring a Good Night's Sleep - Calabrese Style

Last night was another night with little to no sleep.  My mattress was thin and peaked in the middle so sleeping on either side of the peak brought on a sensation of falling off either side of the bed.  I used a diagonal technique which made it feel as though my legs and torso were being pulled in opposite directions.  I missed my bed; at least it has its lumps in the right places.
Worse still was that if I did manage to get some sleep it was disturbed by any number of loud noises, but mainly trucks driving on the pot holed street or the rooster crowing in the morning.  Or should I say roosters, since you could hear many of them all throughout the valley.
I must have looked rough this morning or at least rough enough for Maria to mention how exhausted I looked during breakfast.  “Were the roosters bothering you?” she asked.  I nodded slightly, saying nothing.  “Bello mio (sweetie), don’t worry.  I can kill them if it’ll let you sleep better.”
So that’s how they do it here!  I’d be careful to not disturb anyone’s sleep.

No comments:

Post a Comment