Monday, December 12, 2011

9/13/11 Tomatoes and Lying Italian Immigrants

I’ve eaten tomatoes in each city we’ve visited from North to South, including the one hour stop in Firenze and I can tell you without hesitation that the tomatoes I grow in my own garden blow everything here out of the water.  My parents agree; every tomato we’ve eaten has been substandard.  So the next time an Italian immigrant starts talking about how the tomatoes “back home” were better feel free to look at them with a distrusting and suspicious eye.  You may excuse them as being sentimentalists or even historical revisionists motivated by passion, but I see them as nothing more than a bunch of liars.
Now, if the same person were to tell you that the ice cream is better, know this: they speak the truth.

1 comment:

  1. I must go back to the sea again!! what's the name of that poem?

    ReplyDelete