Thursday, December 8, 2011

9/12/11 Revelling in Nothing

Snap decision time; I was going to the beach for a couple of hours while my parents made another round of visits.  Once again the beach was empty except for some seniors, some of the women topless (shudder!).  I averted my eyes and walked in the opposite direction eventually finding a secluded spot where the only sound was that of the waves.  The water was clear, warm and calm; I could have floated in it for hours.  With my ears submerged, I could hear the faint tinkle of stones on the shore bumping into each other with every new wave.  Over and over again that sound represented the gradual grinding of rough rocks into impossibly smooth stones.
My original plan was to write while sitting on the beach, but finally having the chance to relax and do nothing proved too enticing.  The hours passed peacefully.

No comments:

Post a Comment